Enjolras Travel Award
In the spirit of Dr. Enjolras, this award is intended for applicants who have demonstrated interest in propagating knowledge and treatment in the field of Vascular Anomalies in underserved areas. The travel award is intended to offset fees for registration and travel an individual who can prove their participation in the clinical care of patients with vascular anomalies and/or published research. One travel award of up to $1,000 USD will be granted for the 24th ISSVA World Congress (formally The Workshop) to be held in Madrid, Spain from 7-10 May 2024.
- Introduction of a new model for training or treatment.
- Development of a new protocol for evaluation or treatment.
- Establishment of a treatment facility in their country.
- Creation of a Training Module, published chapter, or other specific evidence of prior interest in vascular tumors or malformations.
In order to accomplish these goals, the award recipient is expected to attend both the Primer Course Day on Tuesday, 7 May, along with the full World Congress, which runs from 8-10 May 2024.
The applicant need not be an active member of ISSVA, however must demonstrate a commitment to the field of vascular anomalies and a motivation/interest in becoming an ISSVA member.
Candidates can be postdoctoral fellows, students, trainees, residents, clinical fellows, or faculty (M.D., M.D./Ph.D., Ph.D., or the equivalent).
The Award will be provided to the winner as a reimbursement of travel costs up to $1,000 USD. The award winner will receive:
- Waived registration fees for the World Congress and Pre-Meeting Primer Course Day (both of which the awardee is expected to attend)
- Hotel room and tax for up to five (5) nights at the host hotel
- Reimbursement for flight expenses for travel to and from Madrid up to $1,000 USD
NOTE: All receipts for economy fare transportation and other expenses are required for reimbursement for this award.
Candidates who are recipients of another travel award/grant are not eligible to apply for support to attend the ISSVA World Congress and cannot be a previous recipient of the Odile Enjolras Award.
A summary documenting how your participation in the ISSVA World Congress has impacted the care of patients with vascular anomalies in your country/institution will be requested the year following the meeting.
Applicants for this award should submit:
- Travel Award application
- 300-word (or less) statement describing the applicant’s qualifications for this award
- Curriculum Vitae
- Recommendation letter
Applications now closed.