Odile Enjolras, MD Travel Award
In the spirit of Dr. Enjolras, this award is intended for applicants who have demonstrated interest in propagating knowledge and treatment in the field of Vascular Anomalies in underserved areas. The travel award is intended to offset fees for registration and travel an individual who can prove their participation in the clinical care of patients with vascular anomalies and/or published research. One travel award will be granted for the 23rd ISSVA Workshop to be held in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada 12-15 May 2020.
• Introduction of a new model for training or treatment.
• Development of a new protocol for evaluation or treatment
• Establishment of a treatment facility in their country.
• Creation of a Training Module, published chapter, or other specific evidence of prior interest in vascular tumors or malformations
In order to accomplish these goals, the award recipient is expected to attend both the Pre-Congress Day on Tuesday, 12 May, along with the full Workshop, which runs from 13-15 May 2020.
The applicant need not be an active member of ISSVA, however must demonstrate a commitment to the field of vascular anomalies and a motivation/interest in becoming an ISSVA member.
Applications and all supporting materials (including Mentor Letter) should be submitted by December 1, 2019. The awardee will be notified by mid-January 2020.
Candidates can be postdoctoral fellows, students, trainees, residents, clinical fellows or faculty (M.D., M.D./Ph.D., Ph.D., or the equivalent).
The Award will cover:
1. Registration fees for the Workshop and Pre-Congress Day (both of which the awardee is expected to attend)
2. Hotel room and tax for five (5) nights at the host hotel (Westin Bayshore)
3. Reimbursement for flight expenses up to $1,000.00 towards travel to and from Vancouver (receipts for economy fare transportation are required for reimbursement)
Candidates who are recipients of another travel award/grant are not eligible to apply for support to attend the ISSVA Workshop, and cannot be a previous recipient of the Odile Enjolras Award.
A summary documenting how your participation in the ISSVA Workshop has impacted the care of patients with vascular anomalies in your country/institution will be requested the year following the meeting.
Applicants for this award should submit:
- Travel Award application (click here to download the application)
- 300 word (or less) statement describing the applicant’s qualifications for this award
- Curriculum Vitae
- Recommendation letter